On this throwback episode of The Political Life, Jim interviews Elizabeth Bartz of State and Federal Communications - helping companies and lobbyists comply with ethics rules in all fifty states and globally.
About Elizabeth Bartz
- Borrowed money and bought the compliance department of State and Federal Associates in 1993.
- She moved the department to Akron, Ohio, and bought it over a series of year, ultimately spinning it off into "State & Federal Communications."
- She can be seen at all of the major legislative conferences across the country.
- She works with contract lobbyists and in-house government affairs professionals, giving her a unique perspective on the industry.
What are State and Federal Communications’ main services?
- Compliance for lobbying and campaign finance.
- They will start handling lobbying and compliance for European countries soon.
- Many European political candidates are hiring American political consultants.
How many companies does State and Federal Communications work with?
- Their compliance department has about 12 people.
- Company-wide, it has about 12 attorneys on staff.
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new listeners to the show. Don't forget to subscribe!
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at Jim@ThePoliticalLife.net