Laura Bisesto is the Head of Policy at Checkr. Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. Their platform makes it easy for thousands of customers to hire millions of people every year.
Using Checkr’s advanced background check technology, companies of all sizes can better understand the dynamics of the changing workforce, bring transparency and fairness to their hiring, and ultimately build a better future for workers.
- Laura attended UCLA for her undergraduate degree, and attended law school at Hastings College of Law;
- After law school, Laura worked as an Assistant District Attorney in the City and County of San Francisco.
- From there, Laura headed to Lyft, where she became a Senior Public Policy Manager
- Laura then moved on to Oath (now known as Verizon Media) to serve as Head of State Public Policy
- In December of 2019, she became Checkr's first head of Policy, where she oversees federal, state, and local government affairs.
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new listeners to the show. Don't forget to subscribe!
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at Jim@ThePoliticalLife.net