Matthew Guilbault is Director of Government Affairs at Corebridge Financial – a new position for Matthew since he was last on the podcast. Matthew walks us through his job hunting experience – I think you will find it very helpful if you are looking for a job or thinking about looking for a new job. Some interesting facts about Matthew:
- Matt studied to be a pilot before deciding to focus on pre-law studies at the College of St. Rose.
- He got his first job in politics for a State Senator after networking at the restaurant he worked at in Albany.
- After almost seven years working at the New York General Assembly, Matt transitioned to an in-house lobbying position.
- After 10 years working in-house, he worked as a contract lobbyist.
- Matt owns many motorcycles, and used to race them professionally.