Stacey leads The Carlyle Group’s global government relations and public policy functions. She is the leader of teams in the U.S., Asia and Europe and employs a strategic, innovative and proactive approach to building best-in-class global government affairs practices.
In her current role, Stacey oversees and helps shape Carlyle’s global legislative and regulatory activities and is establishing the organization as a resource for public policy insights in government and broader stakeholder circles.
- Stacey earned her B.A. at Merrimack College, and her J.D. at Catholic University;
- She was a pension law specialist for the U.S. Dept. of Labor before transitioning to the House Committee on Education and the Workforce, where she developed, drafted, and analyzed legislation for Committee action;
- Stacey then became the Tax and Pension Policy Advisor to then-Maj. Leader John Boehner, and was responsible for drafting the Pension Protection Act of 2006;
- She was then promoted to Policy Advisor and Counsel for Boehner, and was his lead staffer for negotiating and drafting the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008;
- Stacey then moved on to Boeing as VP of Corporate Public Policy, where she led Boeing’s corporate public policy team of executives and analysts;
- She joined Carlyle in 2017.
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new listeners to the show. Don't forget to subscribe!
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at Jim@ThePoliticalLife.net