Brad Fitch is the President and CEO of the Congressional Management Foundation ("CMF"). Founded in 1977, CMF is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan nonprofit organization with a mission to build trust and effectiveness in Congress. CMF does that by enhancing the performance of the institution, legislators and their staffs through research-based education and training, and by strengthening the bridge and understanding between Congress and the people it serves.
- Brad began his career as a radio and television reporter in the 1980s, and then went to work on Capitol Hill in 1988 where he served for 13 years.
- He worked in a variety of positions for four Members of Congress, including: press secretary, campaign manager, legislative director, and chief of staff.
- Fitch left Congress in 2001 to work for the Congressional Management Foundation.
- As Deputy Director of CMF, he served as a management consultant for Members of Congress, offering confidential guidance, conducting staff training programs, and writing publications on enhancing the performance of individual congressional offices and the institution.
- He left CMF in 2006 to form a new company, Knowlegis, in affiliation with Capitol Advantage. Knowlegis is now a part of CQ-Roll Call Group, where Fitch served as a Vice President until 2010 when he returned to CMF.
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new listeners to the show. Don't forget to subscribe!
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at Jim@ThePoliticalLife.net