Suri Kasirer is the President and founder of Kasirer, LLC, the #1 NYC-based lobbying firm with over 200 clients. Suri shares insights into how to build a successful business in the government relations industry.
- Suri was born in New York City.
- She graduated from Yeshiva University with a focus in education.
- Suri founded her firm in a studio apartment in 1997, growing to become the city's #1 firm with a staff of over 30 people.
- She served as a special assistant to Governor of New York Mario Cuomo
- Suri serves on the Board of Directors for the League of Conservation Voters.
- She is a member of the steering committee for the Association for a Better New York and a member of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce.
- She serves on the Board of Directors for the New York Women’s Leadership Forum.
- In 2018 she was awarded the National Organization of Women’s Women of Power & Influence Award.
Suri discusses NYC politics, the city's 51-person city council, and the impact of instituting term limits. She also talks about her unique journey into the world of government relations, including a story about a world class chess player and Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
Kasirer, LLC has a robust internship program taking 5-6 paid interns every semester, providing professional development, weekly speakers, and scheduled mentor lunches. She encourages interested applicants to apply!
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at: Jim@theLobbyingShow.com