Jim welcomes Mike Kiely to the podcast to talk about everything that goes into working for UPS in his new position within the company. They talk about how Mike manages his team, spending time abroad, how things are going in DC, and so much more!Topics discussed in this episode:
- The amount of responsibility that are on Mike and his team.
- How many union members and employees there in the UPS both in the United States and around the globe.
- Mike's new position and how it differs from his old position
- How Mike manages a team from so many diverse locations.
- Is it beneficial for people specfically college students to spend time abroad?
- Are things getting back to normal in markets around the world post-COVID?
- How UPS navigated the COVID shut down
- The backlogs of items coming into America.
- UPS negotiating with the union members of Teamsters in the US.
- How UPS takes care of their empoyees
- How social media causes unneeded panic about the state of UPS
- Headlines that give panic without diving into the facts of the matter at hand.
- Where Mike is spending most of his time.
- Educating public officials on what is going on in their negotiations with unions.
- Creating a channel for people to be able to use to know what's going on and not going off of what news articles are saying.
- FAA re-authorization bill
- How things are in DC and some changes that Mike has seen.
- America's relationship with China as the two leading countries of the world.