Courtney Gillespie is the Director of Government Affairs for TaskRabbit. TaskRabbit is a leading task management network that conveniently connects people with "Taskers" to handle everyday home to-do’s such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
Acquired by Ingka Group in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in more than 70 markets across the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and France, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
- Courtney started her career working as a tour manager in Europe for Contiki tours.
- The experience led her to pursue a degree in foreign service - she received her masters in the field from Georgetown University.
- After graduating, Courtney served as a Presidential Management Fellow, doing stints with the U.S. Navy, and the Department of Energy.
- She then moved on to serve as a foreign service officer with the U.S. Department of State, doing work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Bern, Switzerland.
- After her time at the State Dept., Courtney moved to San Francisco - after doing some work at Twitter, she landed at Gilead Sciences, where she rose to become Associate Director, Policy.
- In Courtney's current role as Dir. of Government Affairs at TaskRabbit, Courtney oversees U.S. (state and federal) and international government affairs for the company.
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new listeners to the show. Don't forget to subscribe!
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at Jim@ThePoliticalLife.net